Enthera (www.entherapharmaceuticals.com) is a biotech company building a pipeline of first-in-class biologics for several underserved autoimmune conditions, with a focus on Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Our aim is to develop disease-modifying treatments by preserving and re-establishing cell and organ function to revert the outcome of these conditions. treatment.
We are developing a portfolio of first-in-class selective inhibitors to treat intractable autoimmune diseases that cannot be prevented and for which there is no cure and only treatments with high rates of failure. No existing approach is able to restore the endogenous stem cell compartment and stem cell capabilities impaired by these conditions.
We invite you to take a look at this career possibility available and consider building your promising future at Enthera by becoming a member of our team!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Scientist – Biologics to join Enthera R&D team.
Based in our Research and Development Laboratory, you will apply high-quality biochemical and cell-biology skills, focusing on the characterization of human therapeutic antibodies using principally protein biochemistry and cell-biology techniques.
Under the guidance of senior members of the group you will become a key player in the characterization of lead candidates designed to treat human diseases with high unmet medical needs.
- Setup and perform phyco-chemical and biochemical assays and protocols to characterize therapeutic lead candidates.
- Setup and develop immunoassays and kinetics platforms (e.g. Biacore, ForteBio, KinExa).
- Setup and perform cell cultures models in mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Setup and develop bioassays.
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges.
- Actively support company activities on antibody development.
- Provide relevant scientific and technical knowledge on biochemical characterisation of recombinant antibodies, fusion proteins, and antigens.
- Explore and establish new research techniques and tests in collaboration with senior colleagues.
- Participate at research group meetings and present work as required.
- Work collaboratively across internal groups, participating on project teams to deliver on common goals.
- Share expertise and develop strong working relationships with team members.
- Ensure the effective management of all laboratory and project documentation.
- Maintain awareness of the field of antibody and protein biochemistry.
The applicant must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- PhD or equivalent qualification backed with relevant and demonstrated expertise in international industry environment.
- Minimum 3+ years in the R&D division of a biotech company.
- Strong experience with Electrophoretic (SDS-PAGE, Western, etc.) and Chromatographic techniques (SEC, IEX, RP, HIC, glycan analysis).
- Excellent practice with kinetics platforms (e.g. Biacore/ForteBio/ KinExa) and immunoassays (e.g. ELISA/ AlphaLISA, etc.).
- Hands-on approach to the cell-based assays and cell-based pharmacological models.
- Experience on stress testing of biologics and on evaluation of PTM.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of biologics development and manufacturing.
- Relevant protein biochemistry skills and a strong interest in therapeutic antibodies and biologics.
- Ability to work independently, outstanding attention to detail, time management and organisational skills are complemented by your excellent communication skills.
- Experience with protein biochemistry and cell-biology technologies and/or previous work with therapeutic antibodies will be highly regarded.
- Fluent English.
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Send your application to email@example.com, message subject “Development Scientist – Biologics”.